Grant funding of up to £1,000 annually is available through the DACA Arts & Crafts Grant.
The focus of the DACA Arts & Crafts Grant is to support groups or individuals in the development of art and craft projects. Projects must meet at least one of the following criteria
• Promoting the study of handicrafts and encouraging the education of residents of Dorset in traditional and modern arts and crafts.
• Supporting young people in educational development, particularly in the fields of arts and craft
• Developing new skills which can be used to further either of the criteria above
The grant may be awarded for specialist equipment, for training or for materials necessary for the project.
Applicants will be asked to contribute a display of work to the Association’s annual exhibition, which takes place in August each year. This display will illustrate how the grant is being used and may consist of finished articles of work or work-in-progress, depending on the nature of the project.
Eligible applicants will be:
• Groups working with young people
• Properly constituted voluntary organisations
• Individuals who wish to develop their arts and crafts skills for the benefit of others
Applicant organisations must be based in Dorset, although members of the organisation may be resident outside the county.
Individual applicants must be resident in Dorset.
Applications are now invited for the 2022 Grant. Your application must be received no later than 30th April 2022.
To apply, download the application form using the link below and send your completed form by e-mail to Jenny Gurden email@example.com or by post to the address on the form.
If you would like to discuss your project before submitting your application, or have any other questions, please contact Jenny by e-mail using the above address.
All applications will be reviewed by the DACA Steering Committee and we may request further information from you to help us reach a decision. All applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision by 30 June 2022. The successful applicant(s) will be invited to Showcase 2022 on Trophy Presentation day, when a formal presentation of the award will be made.