Grant funding of up to £1,000 annually is available through the DACA Arts & Crafts Grant.
The focus of the DACA Arts & Crafts Grant is to support groups or individuals in the development of art and craft projects. Projects must meet at least one of the following criteria
• Promoting the study of handicrafts and encouraging the education of residents of Dorset in traditional and modern arts and crafts.
• Supporting young people in educational development, particularly in the fields of arts and craft
• Developing new skills which can be used to further either of the criteria above
The grant may be awarded for specialist equipment, for training or for materials necessary for the project.
Applicants will be asked to contribute a display of work to the Association’s annual exhibition, which takes place in August each year. This display will illustrate how the grant is being used and may consist of finished articles of work or work-in-progress, depending on the nature of the project.
Eligible applicants will be:
• Groups working with young people
• Properly constituted voluntary organisations
• Individuals who wish to develop their arts and crafts skills for the benefit of others
Applicant organisations must be based in Dorset, although members of the organisation may be resident outside the county.
Individual applicants must be resident in Dorset.
Grants for 2020 have already been awarded.
The opening date for the next round of grant applications is 1st September 2020 and the closing date for applications is 13th January 2021.
Your application should be made using the grant application form (see the link below). This form will need to be printed off to be filled in and returned to the address on the form. For more information or advice about your application, or about completing the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org